Good Hygiene practices at the workplace
Good Hygiene practices in the workplace during the COVID-19 crisis
• Staff who can work from home should work from home.
• If any staff member is feeling ill, they should inform their supervisor/ manager and stay at home until they feel well.
• If you cough or sneeze, try to cough into your below.
• Used tissues should be placed in the bin immediately.
• It’s a good idea to install or place hand sanitizers at the entrance of the workplace so all staff who come to work can sanitize their hands at the entrance. For hand sanitizers to be effective it is recommended that they should contain at least 60% alcohol.
• Staff should wash their hands with soap very often at least before and after meals. The golden rule is washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds for this practice to be effective. Any brand of soap should do the job.
• Staff should frequently clean and disinfect their desks, telephone and keyboards with cleaning wipes. They also can clean and disinfect their mobile phones, keys, work passes with these wipes.
• Increase the amount of fresh air into workplaces by wither opening the window and turning on the air conditioner.
• Finally increase the frequency of cleaning your place. For example, if you have contracted a cleaning company to clean your workplace, once a week, increase it to twice a week. But make sure that your cleaning company maintains records of areas whether the cleaners are cleaning and disinfecting all high touch areas at every clean. After every clean, cross check their records and the high touch surfaces which they have mentioned they have cleaned.
These practices will help you maintain a high level of hygiene in the workplace.